After Completing This Checklist, You’ll Be Able To:
- Identify all devices, systems, software, and platforms that your organization currently uses.
- Discover departmental pain points (as well as new interests!) where technology is used or can be improved.
- Strategize for the future and recognize industry trends, new initiatives, and compliance pressures.
- Forecast your needs to create an annual budget (and stick to it!).
- Repeat the process and perform year after year, aligning with your fiscal planning.
More About the Checklist
Welcome to the CTComp Technology Roadmap Checklist—the technology guide you’ve been waiting for. How do we know? Because while 71% of senior IT executives recognize IT infrastructure as essential in enabling competitive advantage and maximum revenue, only 10% of them feel their IT infrastructure is sufficient to meet day-to-day demands.
Fortunately, that’s where a technology roadmap comes into play. This strategic plan accounts for the evolution of your organization’s technology so that you can guarantee its secure, scalable success.
What Will You Learn From This Checklist?
There are ways to create a practical and worthwhile technology roadmap as part of your custom IT solution—you just need to know them. That’s why we compiled this list!
Easy to use for our current clients or an “office IT person” looking for resources, this checklist is a step-by-step guide to performing a complete IT systems audit. You’ll learn about your current vulnerabilities and how to optimize your technology infrastructure to fortify your security posture.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A technology roadmap guides your business with direction to address growth and effective systems integration. It future-proofs your infrastructure and makes your technology work for you because you can stay ahead of the latest trends and advancements. A technology roadmap accounts for the evolution of your current IT systems to ensure that your IT infrastructure evolves as your business does.
Technology roadmaps are all about being up-to-date and mitigating cyber and onsite vulnerabilities. Through careful physical audits, network assessments, EOL analyses, and more, your organization can finally get ahead of the curve—and stay there.
After completing the technology roadmap checklist, you can feel confident about the measures needed to improve your security posture. If you’re unsure of the next steps you should take, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 860-276-1285, and we’ll set up a convenient time to talk (or schedule an onsite visit).
If you feel like doing more investigating on the benefits of technology roadmaps, consider reading the following from CTComp:
- How to Make Your Roadmap Successful
- 5 Signs You Need Help With Your IT Managed Infrastructure
- Nuts and Bolts of IT Infrastructure
Or, feel free to sign up for a free consultation with one of our technology experts: Let’s Talk.