Connecticut Computer Service Inc. (CTComp.com) currently has an opportunity to join our Microsoft practice in Plantsville (Southington) Connecticut as a field service engineer with a focus on our managed service platform for Windows server backups/replication, disaster recovery. This is a full-time, permanent position. CTComp is a Microsoft gold partner and a leading managed service provider, hybrid cloud provider and systems integrator. This position will begin with our backup and replication managed services and lead to growth with our managed disaster recovery service, Windows systems security and hardening service, Windows server/AD installation, Window server install/upgrades/migration, and Exchange server/Office 365 install/upgrades/migration. We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as growth potential, and training.
As a Windows field service engineer you will be directly involved with the design, planning, implementation, upgrades, migrations, and troubleshooting of our Backup Systems (Physical and Cloud) both at our locations and our customer sites. You will be involved with our Managed Services of Backup/Replication/Disaster Recovery.
- Responsible for daily monitoring of our and our customer’s backup and replication jobs.
- Designing, implementing, testing, deploying and upgrading of the backup and replication platforms at CTComp and at Customers sites.
- Responsible for managing complete backup projects or segments of larger projects.
- Troubleshoot and resolve project and service issues for clients and/or CTComp.
- Deliver briefings, status reports, presentations, and milestone deliverables to clients, prospects and CTComp team.
- Responsible for all Backups services.
- Responsible for all Replication services.
- Responsible for Disaster Recovery for all utilizing this service.
- Strong customer relationship skills and willingness to lead customers through successful challenging projects.
- Backup & recovery products (currently StorageCraft and Veeam).
- Constant training and learning of key server technologies
- Windows Server/Backups/AD/Hardening/DR/Exchange
- In addition to these duties and responsibilities, others may be assigned.
- Knowledge of Windows server.
- Ability to meet all the position responsibilities quickly.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with ticketing system (ConnectWise prefered)
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; proven presentation skills to various audiences and able to work with and in a team environment.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation.
- Financial and criminal background checks required.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Certification in MCSE/MCITP tracks preferred
- Consulting / professional services experience
- Working with HP hardware and storage
- Working with Buffalo storage and software
- Kasaya monitoring system experience
- Microsoft Windows security and hardening experience
- Microsoft Office 365 experience
- Microsoft Exchange/Symantec Enterprise Vault installation experience
- StorageCraft Backup & Replication experience
- Veeam Backup & Replication experience
- VMware VSphere experience
- Windows Migration experience
Education: College degree preferred, but employer will accept certification or 1 year of progressive experience in a similar position or related role within information technology.
Submit your resume to: John Dietle – firstname.lastname@example.org