Connecticut Computer Service Inc. (CTComp) currently has an opportunity to join our Microsoft Practice in Plantsville (Southington) Connecticut as a Field Service Engineer with a focus on Domain Migrations, Client Applications and Data. This is a full-time, permanent position. CTComp is a Microsoft Gold Partner and a leading Managed Service Provider, Hybrid Cloud Provider and Systems Integrator. We offer a competitive salary and benefits as well as growth potential, and training.
As a Client Engineer you will be directly involved with the planning, implementation, upgrades, migrations and troubleshooting of the Microsoft platform with a specialty in Client Devices, Office/Office 365, Applications/File/Print/AD Migrations, and Windows Servers running on Physical Systems or VMware VSphere.
- Responsible for leadership and delivery of projects based assignments that encompass system migrations of server data and client devices for our customers.
- Designing, Implementing, Testing and Deploying application solutions.
- Responsible for managing complete projects or segments of larger projects. Requires proven project management and methodology skills.
- Troubleshoot and resolves project and service issues with clients.
- Delivers briefings, status reports, presentations, and milestone deliverables to clients, prospects and CTComp team.
- Strong customer relationship skills and willingness to lead customers through successful challenging projects.
- Windows 7/8/10, installation and configuration in a domain.
- Installation, configuration and support of A/V products.
- Work with Active Directory and Group Policy.
- Working with application vendors as needed to successfully migrate LOB applications.
- Install, delivery, configuration of client devices.
- Work with VDI Technologies
- Imaging of client devices
- Strong technical troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Active Directory.
- Familiar with Active Directory Migration Tools, other industry related tools and applications.
- Strong Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10 in a domain environment
- AD Group Policy knowledge
- Windows Server knowledge
- Ability to setup, test and deploy windows servers/clients in a VMware VSphere in pilot and production environments.
- Experience in networking and infrastructure technologies, preferably in a consulting role.
- Excellent written and verbal communications; proven presentation skills to various audiences and able to work with and in a team environment
- Clean driving record & reliable transportation
- Financial and Criminal background check required.
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Citrix Zen App
- Horizon View
- HP Hardware
- Consulting / professional services experience
- Symantec and/or Trend Anti-Virus
- ConnectWise Ticketing System
- Kasaya Monitoring System
Education: College degree preferred, but employer will accept experience in a similar position or related role within Information Technology.